November is a bit of a funny month, because Halloween is over, Autumn is starting to feel like Winter, and it can all feel like a bit of an inbetween time til the Black Friday Sales and December’s Christmas vibes. It’s a “what to wear” kind of time. I think leopard print is a great way to keep things fun. No one can feel boring in a leopard print. I’ve also been playing around with Maybelline’s Burgundy bar, which is full of shades that match the falling leaves and I think I’ve got the hang of wine coloured smokey eyes.
The view of the full moon over the Vancouver skyline at Lost Lagoon. The evenings come early this time of year, and cozy styles are a must. But cozy doesn’t have to mean frumpy or boring.
The makeup in this look is based around the Maybelline Burgundy Bar, which was a huge feature of London Fashion Week a few years ago. I loved how other people used this burgundy and red eyeshadow which really came into fashion that year. But I do think it’s not always easy to try at home, because like a lot of dark or bold shades, it has fallout and can wind up looking muddy. The trick is to apply a really light shade all over and a gold tone on the lid, so that the reds in the crease can really pop. But the palette has a guide on the back to invite you to try several other combinations. I added a metallic gold eyeliner pencil into the lower lashline to keep the eye bright, fun and open. Teamed with a cute matte chubby crayon lip colour in a soft natural rose. Lips don’t need to compete with these eyes, but just support the tones.
- Maybelline Burgundy Bar $17.99 cad BUY HERE
- Ulta Matte Lip Crayon in Engagement SOLD OUT
- Bodyography Pencil Eyeliner in Bali Bronze $14 BUY HERE
I often think of Autumn as being all about browns and gold, but really, here in Vancouver there are loads of pink and burgundy leaves too. So, Autumn tones can be many things. Or anything you want them to be really.
This leopard print sweater is so cute. It’s got a velvety, slightly furred texture which I think sets it apart from a lot of the leopard jumpers out there this Winter. I like the white tones instead of the usual bronze too because it feels more seasonal. Size up and you can drop it off one shoulder. I like it teamed with comfortable pink suede shoes, flared jeans and a pink camel coat.
- Ardene Leopard Sweater is sold out, but leopard print is everywhere this season.
- Adidas Women’s Gazelle Low Top Sneakers come in a range of pastel and other colours. $120 cad
- Old Navy Mid Rise Micro Flared Jeans currently on sale $20.97 cad HERE
- Reserved Pink Camel Coat is a UK and Europe based brand and this coat is old season, though they have one that’s a 60’s trapeze shape for 65 gbp HERE, I like this pink herrigbone tweed for just under $60 from Old Navy HERE.